Remove this ad

Lead

May 29 05 1:39 PM

Tags : :

OK its just as much of a cake, but that would wreck the name, wouldnt it? This is "diabetic friendly", easy-peasy, and delicious.  I copied it from somewhere long long ago..can't remember where.

In just a couple blinks of an eye, you'll have a really good dessert -- rather like a nice, crunchy, butterscotch brownie. It works with apples, too. Serve warm, topped with frozen yogurt or nondairy whipped topping.   I measure out many 1 C portions of diced rhubarb for the freezer so I can throw this together in a blink of .. ok, well enough with that phrase ...on with the goodies!

Place diced rhubarb in a medium-size bowl. Sift flour and baking powder over top. Add sugar, nuts, vanilla, and egg. Mix all together and spread in a 9-inch pie plate sprayed with butter-flavor vegetable spray. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.

Per Serving:
219 Cal
7gm Fat (1gm Sat Fat)
35gm Carbo
40mg Chol
80mg Sodium
5gm Protein
1gm Dietary Fiber

Exchanges:
2 Starch/Bread
1.5 Fat

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 29 05 2:00 PM

Thanks for posting your recipie..this sounds absolutely  scrumptious!
 Hubby brought in an armload of rhubarb today, and was asking for a rhubarb pie.
(He also wanted it to have as little sugar as possible, because he is on a diet.)

Guess what he is going to get???

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 29 05 5:28 PM

This sounds really good!  One of my customers gave me a recipe for Rhubarb Cake and I made it last week and it was very good but this one sounds even easier.  I will try this for sure.

Thanks for posting it!

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 7 13 2:02 PM

I there something I am missing? because I log onto the name "blilnk and eye rhubarb pie" and there is not recipe there.  I know it was posted several years ago, but, was the recipe deleted?  I have clicked on to 3 or 4 today and all of the recipes are gone, but people are saying how wonderful the recipe was.
               Nicki

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 10 13 10:35 AM

Hmmm.  I only see some general info in her post:

I measure out many 1 C portions of diced rhubarb for the freezer so I can throw this together in a blink of .. ok, well enough with that phrase ...on with the goodies!

Place diced rhubarb in a medium-size bowl. Sift flour and baking powder over top. Add sugar, nuts, vanilla, and egg. Mix all together and spread in a 9-inch pie plate sprayed with butter-flavor vegetable spray. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.

I can't recall if there is another post with the recipe or not.  I do know that about a year after we came here from MSN the total number of posts was suddenly cut in half by Lefora, with no warning or explanation ever forthcoming.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 11 13 11:49 AM

Hi Auntie:
  Yes I saw where it says "I cup of diced rhubarb from the freezer"
but, then just saying sift flour and  baking powder over top add sugar nuts, vanilla and egg bake 25 to 30 minutes does not tell you much, such as How much flour, sugar, nuts vanilla and eggs, and it does not say what temperature to bake it at either.  LOL!
thats why I said the recipe was missing. 
 Nicki

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help